In my last post I mentioned that I wasn’t quite in the festive spirit yet, so I thought I would try and rectify that by starting some Christmas party looks.
I’m still not ready for the reds and greens just yet but I decided to ease myself into it with a gold eye. I paired it with a bright, fluoro pink lip to make it a little more party appropriate, you could of course wear it with a classic red lip and it would be perfect for Christmas day. And of course, Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas with some glitter so I incorporated a little (a lot) into the eye makeup.
Unfortunately I was in a dark hotel when I did this makeup so I had to make do with bathroom lighting, which is a shame because it really doesn’t do the glitter justice.
To achieve the look I used…
- First I applied Illamsaqua liquid metal in solstice to the eye as a base.
- Then I used Makeup Forever pro sculpting duo. I used this as an eyeshadow, the bronze gently through the crease and then the gold packed onto the mobile lid with a flat brush.
- For the glitter I used Collection Glam Crystals eyeliner in Funk all over the lid, where I had previously placed the gold eyeshadow. I then set that with MAC glitter in reflects gold.
- To finish the eyes I applied mascara and natural lashes.
- For lips I used MAC pro longwear liner in shock value with Tom Ford lipstick in Preston.
- Finally I used MAC blush in her blooming cheek very lightly to the apples of my cheeks.
I think this would work just as well in the summer as it would for Christmas, you can easily skip the glitter for a more laid back beachy vibe. Perfect for Dubai because it doesn’t feel like winter here at all.