I’m a bit late to the party with this one, the Becca X Jaclyn Hill collection was released last month I think and has long since sold out. But as usual, it wasn’t available here in the UAE so when I saw this palette was in stock on uaemakeup’s online store I snapped it up. I’m a HUGE fan of the first Becca and Jaclyn Hill collaboration, the champagne pop highlighter, so I was very excited to get my hand on this.
The palette contains 2 highlighters and 3 blushes. One of the highlighters is the original champagne pop. The other is prosecco pop, which is a new shade.
What I love about the palette:
- The packaging. I know it shouldn’t matter but it does, gorgeous packaging and it has a huge mirror in it. It’s lightweight but still sturdy.
- I love champagne pop so I’m thrilled to have a back up.
- The blush shade in rosé spritz. It’s a really pretty soft blush with a beautiful, very finely milled sparkle to it. It’s very flattering and easy to work with.
What I don’t love about the palette:
- I was kind of underwhelmed by prosecco pop. It’s a pretty highlight and has the beautiful texture that we expect from Becca but the colour is a bit “meh”. It’s way too yellow for my skin tone and I don’t think it’s anything special, I’ve had something very similar from topshop for years. I’ve been mixing it together with champagne pop to tone down the yellow and that works but I’m a little disappointed it’s not more of a universally flattering shade.
- The other 2 blushes, amaretto and pamplemousse are beautiful colours. My gripe is that they’re too pigmented. Yes you read that correctly. It seems like a ridiculous complaint I know but I just find them a lot more difficult to work with than my usual blushes. Because the pigment is so strong you have to be careful to apply with the lightest of hands and even then they can apply patchy so they require a lot of blending.
I have been using the palette daily, and although I find the blushes hard work I am really enjoying the shades. Having said that, had I known earlier that I wouldn’t be quite so impressed with prosecco pop then I would probably have not bothered purchasing the palette. It’s pretty but nothing ground breaking so don’t be too upset if you missed out.