The title of this post is “back to school makeup” but really it’s more of a back to college or work look as most of the products I used were high end and quite expensive. I really wanted to do a super quick and easy makeup using as few products as possible for when you’re flying out of the door before work. Obviously you still want to look put together and ready to face the day, but we all know how precious those extra 10 minutes in bed are on a morning.
This is the makeup I wore daily for my reception job. I still needed to look presentable as I was the first thing people saw as they came in (God bless them), but I had to be there for 7.45am so I didn’t have much time. I filmed myself applying my makeup one morning before work so you can see just how quick and easy it really is! As you can tell I’m not exactly a natural in front of the camera so forgive me, I think I say “great” about 50 times.
As promised in the video I’ve compiled a list of drugstore alternatives to the products used. I wasn’t really thinking when I was filming this as it was a while ago and I just used what was in my makeup bag at the time. You would definitely be able to achieve the same look with more affordable products though. The drugstore products will make for a fantastic back to school makeup look too, though you would probably want to skip lashes for school.
- Illamasqua skin base – Bourjois healthy mix foundation is beautiful and perfect for school or work.
- Anastastia brow wiz – soap and glory brow archery
- Mac painterly paint pot – you could just use concealer if you want to save on products, otherwise Nyx do a great one or use a light shade in the maybelline colour tattoos as a base and it will last all day.
- Hourglass Ambient Light palette – I would use the sleek contour kit. The dark shade is a fantastic bronzer and would work perfectly on the eyelid too. The highlight shade is beautiful on the cheeks and also the inner corner of the eyes.
- Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette – I only used 3 shades from this palette so you could get something a lot smaller. Rimmel and Revlon both do fantastic shadows, you would only need a black and a soft brown as you can use the light shade from the sleek palette mentioned above. The Tanya Burr eyeshadows palettes would be perfect for this look too, you can get them from superdrug and they are super reasonably priced.
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner in trooper – I’ve been loving the L’oreal super liner recently.
- Nars creamy concealer – Collection’s lasting perfection concealer might even be better than the Nars one so definitely grab that if you’re in the UK. You can use it under the eyes and on blemishes so it’ll save you a product too.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette – Rimmel stay matte powder is great to set the makeup.
- Chanel soleil tan de Chanel – Bourjois bronzing primer.
- Mac Peachykeen Blush – Max Factor blush no. 223.
- Mac Soar lip liner – No 7 do some amazing lip liners, as do Barry M.
- Sephora Lip Creme – Nyx soft matte lip creams are so nice and last all day.
Thanks for reading/watching everyone and enjoy being back at school/college or work. I’m super excited that my favourite months are upon us, I absolutely love autumn and winter!