I’ve really been getting into this nail art business since my last nail post (link here). This week I’ve gone for something a little less wintery for those of you who are sick of the gloomy winter weather or who live in the southern hemisphere and are entering Summer. I’m in Dubai, the land of the eternal summer so white nails never look out of place!
The look I’ve gone for this week is even simpler than the last one and there is no fear of spilling glitter all over your carpet, which is always a bonus in my book!
What you will need:
- A base coat
- A white nail polish
- 5 brightly coloured polishes
- A top coat
- A dotting tool
How to create your nail art for short nails:
- Apply your base coat and allow to dry.
- Apply two coats of the white polish and leave to completely dry.
- Take your first brightly coloured polish and dip your dotting tool into it. Then use the dotting tool to apply a line of dots to the edge of your nail on one finger.
- Repeat this step on the next nail using a different colour.
- Use a different colour on every finger.
- Finish with your top coat.
And you should be left with something like this!
I told you this one was simple! I used red, orange, yellow, green and blue dots to achieve this bright look but you can of course use any colour you like. You don;t even have to use a different colour on every nail, and the base colour doesn’t have to be white. I think this is a fun take on a french manicure and the perfect way to liven up your nails. The best part is that you don’t need any equipment, the dotting tool could easily be replaced with a cocktail stick if you don’t want to go out and buy the real thing.
Let me know what you guys think of this one, would you wear this kind of thing? I think its so cute and summery, it looks great on the toes too!
Thanks so much for reading everyone!