The Blogger’s Christmas Beauty Brawl might be over but that doesn’t mean Blogmas is. I’ll still be posting something everyday up until Christmas, so stay tuned. Today I’m going to be showing you how to create this super cute unicorn nail art. I was going to do something a little more Christmas themed, but when I saw this manicure on YouTube by polish the look (link here) I just had to re create it.
What You Will Need:
- A base coat
- 6 different nail colours – purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and pink
- A glitter polish, or holographic polish
- A top coat
- A sponge
How to Create Your Unicorn Nails:
- Apply your base coat and allow to dry.
- Paint a small stripe of each colour horizontally across each nail (leave the ring finger free of polish for now) so that it looks something like this:
- Gently dab your sponge over the entire nail. This will help the colours to blend into one another and give more of an ombré effect. Allow to dry and repeat.
- You should have left the ring fingers blank. These will be the accent nails, so paint them now with the glitter or holograhic polish.
- Once all of the nails are dry finish with a top coat. I used a glitter top coat and added a heart to the accent nail too.
And there you have it, super cute and super simple to achieve. When using more than one colour I sometimes find it’s easy to create a bit of a mess. The best piece of advice I was given for combatting that problem is to allow the nails to dry thoroughly before moving on to the next step. Other than that this method is pretty fool proof.
What do you guys think, would you wear these nails? I think they’re so much fun, I never want to take the polish off my fingers! As always thanks so much for reading. If any of you are taking part in Blogmas this year too then please share your blog link in the comments, I’d love to check them out!