At the beginning of 2016 I wrote a post all about my new year’s beauty resolutions. This year I sat down to do the same thing but then I thought it might be fun to look back at last year’s list to see how successful I’d been. It turns out not very!
2016 Beauty Resolutions
- Take better care of my skin. A definite fail! I’ve been as useless as always with this one, let’s hope I’ll be a bit better in 2017.
- Keep my eyebrows well-groomed. Another resolution I haven’t been great at. I just don’t think my eyebrows need threading as often as they used to and I quite like the “undone” look. My purse also prefers fewer salon visits.
- Be more adventurous with makeup. I like to think I’ve been quite good with this one. I’m pretty happy with some of the makeup looks I’ve created over the last year, here are some of my favourites:
- Learn more about makeup. I’ve attended workshops and read a lot, but there’s always more to learn! I’m happy with my progress but I’m always looking to improve.
2017 Beauty Resolutions
This year I’ve not so much decided on New Year;s resolutions, because as we’ve just seen I’m not so great at sticking to them! Rather I’ve set myself some goals for the year. Where I want to be in my career and what I would like to have achieved. I like to have something to aim for and yearly goals help to keep me focused especially when things feel like they’re going a little pear shaped! As for beauty resolutions I’ve set myself a few little areas in which I’d like to improve:
- Hair – I’ve always just been focused on makeup and dabbled a little into nails but I’d like to become better at styling hair in 2017. A lot of the time as a makeup artist I get asked for hair as well so it would make sense for me to explore this area. I’m pretty useless at hair so this is very much out of my comfort zone, but the best things always are!
- Skincare – That old chestnut again! As I mentioned before I failed spectacularly on this front last year. 2016 was also the year that I really started to notice the signs of aging beginning to appear (it really was an awful year!). Wrinkles that I always believed I’d be immune to began to appear. It turns out chubby cheeks and oily skin were not enough to save me. So as I approach the big 3-0 I need to make a conscious effort to delay the aging process as much as possible and keep my skin in tip-top condition. So that not only means good skin care habits but regular exercise and plenty of water. I already hate the sound of it!
- More blogging and vlogging – I feel like I really found my stride with blogging and vlogging in 2016. I really enjoy writing about a topic I know about and an industry I work in and it’s a great way for me to connect with clients and other people in the industry. This year I want to be more consistent and provide better and more frequent content for you all. To help me with this one I would love to know what kind of thing you all want to read and watch.
For beauty resolutions that is all I have committed to this year. I didn’t want to make a long and unrealistic list of things that I’d have given up on by February because what good is that? For none beauty related resolutions I’ve only set myself 2, I’d like to donate more to charity when I can and I would also like to read one book a month. What about you guys? What resolutions have you made this year? Or don’t you bother with them?
As always thank you so much for stopping by to read this blog, it means so much to me that so many of you are interested in what I have to say. And also as always please don’t hesitate to leave a link to your blog in the comment box if you have one, I love reading them! Happy 2017 everyone!